Wiz and foreseeti – a new category of cyber security solutions
Wiz.io recently came out from stealth mode with the fastest time to Unicorn in cyber security history. We applaud this and warmly welcome wiz.io to one of foreseeti’s main peers in the market.
Wiz.io and foreseeti’s solutions share a number of key capabilities and characteristics.
- We both address the huge customer need for truly holistic risk assessments. Risk analyses that look at the combination of vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and exposures, to uncover and contextualize weaknesses and risks.
- We are both graph-based solutions. This enables an unprecedented level of insight and addresses the key challenge that John Lambert famously described as follows: “Defenders think in lists. Attackers think in graphs. As long as this is true, attackers win”. We both enable defenders to “think in graphs” at scale. So, what is so good with thinking in graphs? The short answer is that it provides context. E.g. how is a specific vulnerability related to potential attackers, our high value assets, and other vulnerabilities? What is the “critical path” of combination of actions for how attackers can get to and compromise our high value assets.
- Both solutions are agentless/ require no installations. This is a key feature, as it makes the solutions non-intrusive and highly scalable.
These capabilities are truly innovative and bring unprecedented value to customers. Wiz.io present the capabilities as “Cloud infrastructure security reimagined” and “a new approach to cloud security that finds the most critical risks and infiltration vectors”. We would say that these capabilities in fact represent a new category of cyber security solutions. Solutions that conduct holistic, graph-based security assessments at scale.
Want to act on cyber risks instead of incidents?
While foreseeti and Wiz are quite similar, there are also differences. We here want to highlight some key features and characteristics of the foreseeti solution, based on +100 person years of leading R&D and several years in business operations, working with some of the most demanding customers:
- the foreseeti solution address both Cloud and OnPrem, and is also tailorable for highly custom and specific environments through open-source standard
- the foreseeti analysis engine conducts attack simulations. The simulations provide risk quantifications, find the most critical paths to your high value assets, and provide actionable insights on risk mitigations.
- the analyses can be conducted in both deployed environments (Ops) and in Development stage (Dev) – and integrated in your CI/CD and DevOps work-flows.